How Much Can a RAM 1500 Tow?
Wondering how much the RAM 1500 can tow? With the right equipment, the light-duty RAM 1500 has a maximum towing capacity of 12,750 pounds. This capacity grants the 1500 Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing. The All-New 2019 RAM 1500 offers improved capabilities over the previous model year along with better fuel economy. Read on to learn more about this new RAM truck!
Ram 1500 Engines & Capacities
Choose from three different engine options on the All-New RAM 1500, each with unique performance capabilities. Each of these engines is paired with the Class-Exclusive TorqueFlite® 8-speed automatic transmission. Here are the specs:
- 3.6L Pentastar® V6 Engine with eTorque—produces 205 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque. Towing capability maxes out at 7,730 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI® V8 Engine—produces up to 395 hp, 410 lb-ft of torque, and tows a max of 11,610 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI® Engine with eTorque—produces the same figures shown above, but boosts towing to 12,750 pounds.
Depending on the trim, payload capacity ranges from 2,100 to 2,300 pounds.
More Towing Features
In terms of towing, the All-New 2019 RAM 1500 has more than just a powerful engine. There are some excellent features on this light-duty pickup that boost your Bastrop towing capabilities. Here a some standout features:
- TorqueFlite® Transmission: Working along with the eTorque mild hybrid system, this transmission boosts the fuel economy of the RAM 1500 to 17 mpg city/23 mpg highway.
- Largest-in-Class Brakes: Stop faster and more safely thanks to large, 14.9-inch brakes.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: Helps keep an eye on your blind spots while driving through Cedar Creek with this system, that automatically accounts for trailer length.
Experience the All-New RAM 1500 at Sames Bastrop Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
Want to see why the RAM 1500 outpaces competition like the Chevrolet Silverado 1500? Visit our Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram dealership near Del Valle! Once you’re ready to purchase, our expert finance department will help you figure out the best purchase plan for you. Before visiting, you can estimate your monthly payments, see how the RAM 1500 compares to the RAM 2500, check out RAM 1500 seat covers, or check how much towing power the RAM 2500 has. If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to contact us today! We want to help you learn about everything from RAM 1500 capability, to Jeep Gladiator pricing, to the Dodge Journey interior. We even have a fine selection of used Grand Cherokee models to choose from!
More About RAM 1500 Features
The all-new 2019 RAM 1500 was designed with efficiency in mind. Because of this, it can reach up to 20 mpg city/25 mpg highway with its 3.6L V6 Pentastar engine, eTorque capability, and front-wheel drive. No matter which configuration you select, you won’t be disappointed with the RAM 1500 gas mileage. Explore its mpg estimates…
Owning your vehicle means you can customize it exactly how you see fit. Upgrade the engine, enhance the exterior look, or anything in between. RAM truck owners in Bastrop know how quickly their truck interior can get dirty. That’s why the RAM 1500 seat covers are a great option to keep your seats clean while…
Wondering how much the RAM 1500 can tow? With the right equipment, the light-duty RAM 1500 has a maximum towing capacity of 12,750 pounds. This capacity grants the 1500 Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing. The All-New 2019 RAM 1500 offers improved capabilities over the previous model year along with better fuel economy. Read on to learn…