What is Uconnect®?
If you’ve recently got yourself a new Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, or RAM vehicle you’ve probably discovered the intuitive Uconnect® system. So what is Uconnect® and what exactly does it do? Put simply, it’s platform available on CDJR models that offers connectivity features ranging from navigation and entertainment, to hands-free calling and messaging. If you’re looking for an advanced connectivity platform for you and your vehicle on your Cedar Creek drives, Uconnect® has you covered. Let’s explore all it has to offer, courtesy of Sames Bastrop CDJR.
What are the Uconnect® Features?
There are a suite of features that come along with the Uconnect® system. From advanced connectivity to great entertainment features, your Bastrop drives will be more connected and fun for you and your passengers thanks to Uconnect®. With this platform, you can expect to find the following features:
- SiriusXM Guardian™ and Uconnect® Access: Combining these available features allows you to connect with your vehicle no matter where you are. Remotely start your vehicle, lock/unlock the doors, and even sound the horn. Find your vehicle location, and even send directions from your phone straight to your infotainment system with the Uconnect® App.
- Audio Options: Find and play the music you want through various audio options. SiriusXM™, Bluetooth® streaming, and HD Radio™ are all available for you to use. Connect up to ten devices so everyone can join in on the fun.
- Available 4G Wi-Fi®: The built-in Wi-Fi® allows you to browse the internet, check your email and more from up to 50 feet away from your vehicle. Try out this feature through a trial version, or take part in the day passes or subscription services.
- Voice-Command: Stay hands free on your drives with voice-command. Make calls, reply to text messages, set up navigation, select music and more all without taking your hands off the wheel.
- Navigation: When you opt for the Uconnect® Navigation package, you’ll have the benefit of 3-D generated maps with turn-by-turn navigation. SiriusXM® Traffic Plus and Travel Link can also give you a boost with up-to-date weather and traffic reports.
- Entertainment: In larger CDJR models, you can access the Uconnect® Theater so you passengers can game, watch movies or go online on one of the dual 10 inch touchscreens. Connect your Apple and Android device through Apple CarPlay® or Android Auto™.
Can You Turn Uconnect® Off?
The entire Uconnect® system is always on when your vehicle is on. However, you can turn off or mute certain aspects of the platform if you want to. The radio, for instance, can be muted and the screen can be turned off. You can turn off text message alerts by hitting the “Phone” button, saying “setup, incoming SMS message announcement” and responding “yes” when asked if you want it turned off. So, while you can turn off certain aspects of the Uconnect® platform, the entire system itself can not be turned off. Simply select the aspects you want on or off, and address those accordingly. Should you have any more questions about shutting off Uconnect®, don’t hesitate to ask the team at Sames Bastrop CDJR.
Explore Uconnect® at Sames Bastrop CDJR
Now that you understand how your Uconnect® system works, or you’re interested in upgrading your CDJR vehicle to include Uconnect®, visit us near Austin to learn more. If you have any questions regarding Uconnect®, or any vehicles or services we offer, please feel free to contact us today. We’re ready to help you learn about the technology inside all CDJR models, including the Dodge Journey interior!
More From Sames Bastrop Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
Bastrop drivers that are looking for serious off-road capability know that the 2019 Jeep Wrangler is the SUV they need. It brings a fun and unique style to every Del Valle commute, and not just because it boasts signature design and seven-slot grille. With 10 available color options, you’ll definitely find the perfect Jeep Wrangler color…
Truck lovers and Jeep enthusiasts alike from Bastrop to Giddings have been hunting for info on the all-new 2020 Jeep Gladiator. Needless to say, the team at Sames Bastrop Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram is constantly asked, “How much is the Jeep Gladiator?” While the 2020 Jeep Gladiator price starts at $33,545 MSRP, your Jeep Gladiator pickup truck price will vary…
The 2019 Dodge Journey interior comes with the convenience, comfort, and connectivity your family needs to get through the week. Whether you’re on a road trip from Del Valle, or taking the kids to school in Giddings, the new Dodge Journey for sale has you covered. Learn more about the new Dodge Journey in Cedar Creek,…