What is Uconnect®?
If you’ve recently got yourself a new Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, or RAM vehicle you’ve probably discovered the intuitive Uconnect® system. So what is Uconnect® and what exactly does it do? Put simply, it’s platform available on CDJR models that offers connectivity features ranging from navigation and entertainment, to hands-free calling and messaging. If you’re looking for an advanced connectivity platform for you and your vehicle on your Cedar Creek drives, Uconnect® has you covered. Let’s explore all it has to offer, courtesy of Sames Bastrop CDJR.
What are the Uconnect® Features?
There are a suite of features that come along with the Uconnect® system. From advanced connectivity to great entertainment features, your Bastrop drives will be more connected and fun for you and your passengers thanks to Uconnect®. With this platform, you can expect to find the following features:
- SiriusXM Guardian™ and Uconnect® Access: Combining these available features allows you to connect with your vehicle no matter where you are. Remotely start your vehicle, lock/unlock the doors, and even sound the horn. Find your vehicle location, and even send directions from your phone straight to your infotainment system with the Uconnect® App.
- Audio Options: Find and play the music you want through various audio options. SiriusXM™, Bluetooth® streaming, and HD Radio™ are all available for you to use. Connect up to ten devices so everyone can join in on the fun.
- Available 4G Wi-Fi®: The built-in Wi-Fi® allows you to browse the internet, check your email and more from up to 50 feet away from your vehicle. Try out this feature through a trial version, or take part in the day passes or subscription services.
- Voice-Command: Stay hands free on your drives with voice-command. Make calls, reply to text messages, set up navigation, select music and more all without taking your hands off the wheel.
- Navigation: When you opt for the Uconnect® Navigation package, you’ll have the benefit of 3-D generated maps with turn-by-turn navigation. SiriusXM® Traffic Plus and Travel Link can also give you a boost with up-to-date weather and traffic reports.
- Entertainment: In larger CDJR models, you can access the Uconnect® Theater so you passengers can game, watch movies or go online on one of the dual 10 inch touchscreens. Connect your Apple and Android device through Apple CarPlay® or Android Auto™.
Can You Turn Uconnect® Off?
The entire Uconnect® system is always on when your vehicle is on. However, you can turn off or mute certain aspects of the platform if you want to. The radio, for instance, can be muted and the screen can be turned off. You can turn off text message alerts by hitting the “Phone” button, saying “setup, incoming SMS message announcement” and responding “yes” when asked if you want it turned off. So, while you can turn off certain aspects of the Uconnect® platform, the entire system itself can not be turned off. Simply select the aspects you want on or off, and address those accordingly. Should you have any more questions about shutting off Uconnect®, don’t hesitate to ask the team at Sames Bastrop CDJR.
Explore Uconnect® at Sames Bastrop CDJR
Now that you understand how your Uconnect® system works, or you’re interested in upgrading your CDJR vehicle to include Uconnect®, visit us near Austin to learn more. If you have any questions regarding Uconnect®, or any vehicles or services we offer, please feel free to contact us today. We’re ready to help you learn about the technology inside all CDJR models, including the Dodge Journey interior and more like the RAM 3500 towing capacity.
More From Sames Bastrop Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
The 2020 Jeep Wrangler remains the rugged classic that can climb hills and kick up the dust off-road, but it’s no longer the uncomfortable bare-bones vehicle of the past. With comfort features, the latest in driver technology, and loads of interior cargo space, the new Wrangler can get you comfortably off-road from Bastrop or make…
What is the RAM 3500 towing capacity? The 2019 RAM 3500 is arguably the most powerful pickup truck you can get. It handles the heaviest equipment and the toughest, most critical jobs in the Bastrop area with your choice of two available engine options, and strength to handle tens of thousands of pounds. Need RAM…
It didn’t take long for the 2020 Jeep Gladiator to make waves across Bastrop and Giddings, and drivers all over are looking for specs and pricing info. Are you looking to learn more about the available Jeep Gladiator engines? Sames Bastrop Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram is here to help! Learn all about 2020 Jeep Gladiator horsepower, towing capacity, mpg, and…